That magic feeling of autumn and the need of enjoying home, between hugs, cozy blankets and candle light, cooking muffins and drinking cinnamon latte.
Can you feel the scent? It isn’t just about muffins but it’s all about fall cuddles.
When Autumn begins, it begins the season of raisin muffins and pumpkin soup, of every kind of risotto and ginger cookies. Before Christmas season arrives, before snow falls and before mountain getaways, this is the season that I love most to live in town and having cozy Sundays at home. With nothing to do but staying comfy with your beloved, indulging in long breakfasts that almost looks like lunches and cozy afternoon snacks under a blanket.
This is the season when I love the most cooking, especially sweets, for the cooking it self and for that amazing scent that you can feel all around the house, while they are baking in the oven.
Muffins with raisins and oats are probably my favorites, I like the crunchy feelings of oats mixed with the sweet of raisins. I think that they are just perfect both for breakfast but also for an afternoon snack.
Here you are my recipe inspire to one of the amazing Martha Stewart.
Raisin and Oats Muffin
- 2 muffins pans
- 1 cups rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 cups flour (I prefer wholemeal or spelt but it works anyway)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 and 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk (you can also use soya milk)
- 3 cups carrots (already cleaned and crumbled)
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius. Put the paper liners into the muffin pan (12 cups).
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt until you obtain a creamy result. Stir the oats (leave some for decoration at the end) and raisins. Add oil, eggs, milk, carrots and stir until blended.
- Fill each muffin cup and put on top the oats over the muffins.
- Bake until they are golden or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.