5 rules to follow to create an appealing and cohesive Instagram feed.
If you are using Instagram for business or if you use it to show the lifestyle aspect your brand or if you want a beautiful Instagram profile, you should follow a visual strategy. Indeed, Instagram has become a place of beautiful pics to be shared and not only a window in our lives. No matter if you are not interested in growing your followers or likes, even if you just want to have an Instagram profile to be proud of you should improve yourself.
I’ve read a lot of articles and post about which are the dos and don’ts of Instagram and I’ve decided to summarize them in 5 rules that I follow (or try to follow the most of time) and that, for sure, I believe they would help your Instagram to be much more distinctively aesthetics:
- Be yourself, everyone else is already taken. Oscar Wilde said it years ago but it is true to our social (and real ) life in 2017. It is correct to find inspiration everywhere and from everyone, but at the end you have to understand who you are and what is your story. People in life (and more over in social networks) doesn’t want to be bored, and to read the same story too many times. Don’t try to imitate too much other profiles/people, you will just be a boring copy of them. Shot your real life, what you really do and what you really love. Just taking in consideration what your followers are interested in and give them your unique point of view.
- Quality Comes first. Always try to post pics with a good quality in resolution and in light. Never shot with flash and never post unfocused ones. Avoid yellow light or with dark light, so you don’t have to post produce them too much. The more natural they looks the better it is.
- The Rule of 9. When you open an Instagram profile, the first impression is everything and you get it from the first 9 pics of it. So you have to work in order to reach a balanced mix of content and of chromatic effect. Look at the feed to determine what’s needed next. Too much of something is never good at the eye. I usually help myself doing it with Planoly, it is available both on app for smartphone and for computer, and it allows you to drag and drop images before and after to understand the better mix you want to obtain. Later has the same function, even if I found it less immediate that the other. Both, allow you to plan when you want to post you pic and it will remember it to you. In the end, don’t forget the color, start your Instagram profile deciding which kind of shade you want your picture to have and maintain it through the time.
- The Rule of thirds. It is one of the basic rule in photography. When you shoot your pic turn on the grid option then you should place the points of interest in the intersections or along the lines. It was proved that people’s eyes, when viewing images, usually go to one of the intersection points.
- Overshoot. Try to never get satisfied at the first shot, since you should need alternatives while editing it or while trying to create the perfect feed. Shot a lot of pics of the same subject, trying different angles and moving objects or subject in the frame to obtain various alternatives.
Find me on Instagram @gretathecihc
Io adoro Instagram, è in assoluto il social che preferisco!!!!
Adoro instagram e questi tuoi consigli sono ottimi! D’altra parte hai un profilo con foto fantastiche 🙂
Un bacione! 💕 F.
La Civetta Stilosa
Il mio social preferito! Sono d’accordo con i tuoi suggerimenti!
These are 9 simple Instagram feed tips that will instantly improve the look of your Instagram feed.