5 easy tips to create a functional but cozy home office for a better smart working experience.
Smart working and home office, these are the new keywords of this strage season we are living in. A new way to live our daily routine that we need to deal with in the best way.
My priority since the bering, talking about work of course, was identifying a place for myself in the house, making it as confortabile as possibile, in order to find the best way to get concentrate.
We are not talking about a house renovation in 5 minutes but just about rethinking an existing space in the house for your smart working.
A make-up desk or the dining table, wherever you like is a good place to begin from. You just have to add some personal dentali to make it feel like a home office. Here what i’ve done at home:
1. On my tiny desk I’ve added a small lame, since I don’t like strong lighting while working on the computer, since it makes my eyes feeling tired.
2. I’ve noticed that a correct posture can help both in preventing back pains and improving concentration. The temptation of working from the bed is so strong every day but I force myself not doing it, since on the long term it takes much more time to do things. My home office was my makeup desk, where I had a cute pouf – perfect for being seated for a short time but not for woking on it all the day long. Thats why I’ve substituted it with a comfier little chair.
3. While working I really need to have stationery with me. I know technology can improve so much our productivity but sometime I really need paper and ink as well. While in office its good to me to have unpersonal stationery, at home I love cute objects to make my day brighter.
4. Being at hom, near the kitchen sometimes isn’t a good thing both for the risk of too many snacks and for the risk of not remembering to drink enouh. That’s why I keep on my desk a bottle with some water, so I do not have any good excuses to go to the kitchen and I remember much more that I have to drink.
5. To have a candle or a fragrance diffuser near the computer while working is an habitat I already had at work so it was easy to ricreate it at home. It really makes my day more relaxing improving productivity.